In recent blogs we spoke about the importance of establishing good sleeping and exercise routines to help offset some of the stress and strain of our business lives. To complete this 'good habit' cycle, it's time to give a few simple tips on diet.
THERE ARE FIVE FOODS GROUPS TO ENJOY EVERY DAY:
1. Bread, cereals, rice, pasta and noodles (include wholegrain varieties)
N.B. Eat from this group in moderation if trying to lose weight!
2. Vegetables (include 5 serves a day)
3. Fruit (include 2 serves a day)
4. Milk, yoghurt, cheese (choose low fat dairy products)
5. Meat, fish, poultry, eggs and nuts.
It is also important to drink 6 – 8 glasses of water each day. Where possible, avoid soft drinks or high energy drinks including fruit juices – avoid sugar wherever possible.
Caffeinated drinks need to be kept to a minimum and alcohol avoided.
Here is a link to the government website, Eat for Health, for more detailed information on healthy eating.